Friday, February 22, 2008

a moment in time

The cold air stung my cheeks as I headed out the front door and down the driveway to the street. I was tired and just finished cleaning the kitchen. As I ran, I thought about the weeks' events and asked God to prepare my heart for the coming weekend and week looming ahead of me. I prayed that He would be in control of my thoughts and actions in all that I did. I reached Sunday Park still deep in thought and gasped, gripped with awe. I knew God had created the morning for me on my run. The park was empty and appeared lonely and cold as ice melted and dripped from the trees and playground equipment. I was warm inside and I felt a rush of blood hit my face as I continued down the path to the end of the peninsula.

It was breath taking, I stopped worrying about what had happened, and what was to come immediately and tried to take it all in. I wanted to keep running along the waters of the reservoir forever. I ran two loops totaling 7 miles and I wanted to keep going. The pristine ice drops clinging to the branches hung to either side of me, frozen in time. I wish that I could have stopped time to run though God's creation the rest of my life. All the confusion I had been feeling flew from my mind as I sank into the appreciation and glory of nature. I silently smiled and thanked God for reminding me that He brought me here. I felt like God was looking at me in the palm of His hand smiling as I took in the beauty around me. I looked up into His face and all I could do was feel pure joy running through my body, I never wanted the moment to end. It was as if God was telling me He had great plans for me where ever I went and He delighted in answering my prayers. When I pointed back to Him He grinned knowingly, knowing that He could use me because I was fully His. I was at peace for the hour I ran this morning feeling nothing but overwhelming ecstasy for God and His glorious creation.

No comments: