Sunday, November 29, 2009

black Friday

I wonder if it's called black Friday because people wake up before it's light out and line up at the stores... Who knows. My first black Friday experience was at home... I think in 2004 with one of my best friends from high school. We went to Fry's in the dark. I think we stood in line a long time and I remember I got a dvd player for my computer and we got monitors (I think he still has his)... I ended up returning mine later because that trip back to school was the one in which my car spun into the semi and was totaled. I needed to save money to get a new car/the motorcycle I ended up getting was awesome even though my dad made me sell it later.

Back to the present: I decided to check to see if Target had movies on sale: I wanted UP and the Proposal (way girlier than my normal movie selection, I know, but it's so funny). I looked at the ads, the Proposal was $8.99 and UP was $13. They also had a nice Kodak digital camera with 10x optical zoom and a GPS... so I went and got the camera, GPS and two movies. I checked the Kohls ad since Kohls is right next store to Target where I live and saw they had the Magic Bullet for 39.99... I got it but when I checked the receipt... you have to do rebates. Eww. I don't like rebates. I'm going to return it and the waffle maker because there isn't really a point to having them here, I'm sure I can get them elsewhere for the same price when I move back home.

I have tons of stuff to return to REI when I pick up the stuff I ordered last week. I also made my own TRX to use on the door frame (thanks to REI's 1" webbing). So, I've got everything I wanted for Christmas: The Proposal, UP, a TRX, digital camera, GPS, Harry Potter 1 (from England-The Philosopher's Stone), Harry Potter 7, and a new necklace for my cross pendant since I keep breaking it. Since I use swagbucks, I was able to get my HP1 book free and my necklace. HP7 was only 11.15 including shipping. I definitely recommend using swagbucks. it's awesome. I've already used $35 of amazon.com gift cards since I started using swagbucks in September. If you want to sign up (it's free) - use this link: www.swagbucks.com/refer/speedieturtle

I used my TomTom GPS yesterday when going to Williamsburg Plantation. The sales guy was nice but I still can't justify buying a timeshare. I am too cheap and that locks you in to payments and you feel obligated to go... I'd rather camp out and sleep in hostels. Hotels? Yeah right. Maybe when I get married and go on my honeymoon. Otherwise I'm content to sleep on a friend's couch and the back of my car. At least I got my 'gifts' out of it. I got a $100 VISA gift card and a $25 Panera gift card. I wanted a $50 Panera gift card but they ran out so I got a $25 Panera and $25 Applebee's gift card. Hiliary and her sister Erin met up with me for dinner after the tour thing at Applebee's so I just threw in the gift card there and went home with $125 more than I started with when I set out for Williamsburg. Once they figure out you really aren't going to buy their stupid time share they really aren't very nice. I'm glad I didn't get sucked into their silly sales pitch.

Time to do homework. Thanksgiving week is over. I need to send my postcards for Christmas out too. Last time in VA. So glad. Twenty four more days until I fly home for Christmas. Two more weeks of school, then ONE more quarter and I'm done with school forever (at least for now, but I doubt I will get a hankering to go back to school to get my PhD later).

-run for life

No comments: