Wednesday, December 10, 2008

like sand through your fingers

How quickly money goes even when you're trying to be frugal. My physical therapist told me to buy new running shoes since I already have over 350 miles on both of my old pairs that I got in April and the bottoms are worn out oddly from my messed up muscles. He wants me to re-train myself to run and strengthen my right leg so it will match my left. I just dropped $120 on two new pairs of supernovas. I'm hoping that the switch from responses will help a little bit. I've been told supernovas have more control than response. If not, then I will switch back after these shoes are done (apparently it only takes 6 months or so for me to wear two pairs out at a time). At this rate, I'll be spending tons of money on shoes.

I registered for my class in the winter. I chose the only 3 credit option since I'm still paying 100% out of pocket for grad school. Another $1500 towards school. Maybe one day I'll get ahead in my spending. Right now with school I'm still trying to play catch up. I need to fill out the applications and paperwork to submit so that I can get reimbursed for my classes when I am eligible to get reimbursement (after I've been with Aramark for 6 months).  Good thing I'm not too concerned about 'storing earthly treasures up' huh?

I met with Steve today about membership. I asked my questions and went over my application with him. The answers were what I was expecting so it wasn't a big surprise.

God is amazing. I am astounded as I look back on this past year, but I will save all of my thoughts for my end of the year post. I put my trust in You. I follow Your footsteps and You guide my path. I often fail Lord, but You are there to pick me up and lead me on. Thank You.

- run for life

No comments: