Tuesday, December 23, 2008

dashing through the snow...

Whew. The day set aside for the world to celebrate Christ's birth is less than 25 hours away. I feel like every day should be a celebration of what God has done for us-how He has saved us. It is nice that there is a special day although I am saddened by the commercialization of the day and how the world attempts to profit from anything and everything.

Sunday Gene preached on 'Why Celebrate?' It was wonderful to hear again that God created us for worship. We are supposed to be full of joy. I often am self conscious about my loud laughter... and the fact that I laugh very often.  I never thought about how we as Christians turn ordinary things into the sacred.  I have thought to myself that there is more in common between Christians and non-Christians than most Christians would like to admit (though I never understood why because we are all human).  The joy we experience from knowing God rather than the circumstances we face.  To know that He is only working for our good, to bless us, that He has saved us & given us eternal life!-this is what sets us apart.  

We can rejoice even in the suffering.  We can rejoice even when we're far away from everything we know.  We rejoice even though the world around us is fighting us at every turn, even when we are constantly attacked by the enemy's lies.  Although our bodies are falling apart, our spirits are captive of the Holy Spirit.  What grand news!

I am 'fighting for joy' in every day life as John Piper says.  I cannot do it on my own.  I need You.  Thank You for giving me everything.  For blessing my life.  Thank You for saving me.  I am so grateful, I cannot express in words what You mean to me.

- run for life

No comments: