Monday, January 12, 2009

so fresh, so clean

Spare time is so few and far between.  From attempting to spend time with friends and get work and school done, I feel like the 'processing' time is short.  

A new year signals to many a new beginning, a re-birth if you will.  To me it is another year.  Each day I look forward to a new beginning, each moment I praise God for giving me yet another chance.  Oh how I am so glad that Jesus' blood covers past, present, and future.  I could never make it even a fraction of an hour without Him.

To review 2008:  the year was filled with ups and downs.  Life changing decisions hindered on what God would reveal to me in His time.  I prayed continuously, listening intently for His voice.  I completed a few more life goals, visited more ballparks and missed friends from home.

After my dietetic internship, I passed the RD exam on 7/11 and caught a firefly the next night.  I got my first salaried, full-time job in Petersburg, VA and have benefits.  I now have health insurance again!  God has been so apparent and has blessed me with everything I could ask for, everything I need.  I got a job at the YMCA as a group exercise instructor and am hoping to start teaching in March.  Currently I am enjoying the free membership that being an employee brings.  I ran in the pool and swam today.  It is a lot harder than I remember!  I'm still waiting on my new Supernovas to come in the mail so I can run.

Na was amazing and I listened to John Piper live for the first time.  It was so delightful to hear from someone so candid who trusts so much in the Lord.  I was very encouraged and convicted all at the same time.

I started my graduate classes at Northeastern and will receive tuition assistance this year as a benefit from my job.

I still have allergies and get sick often.  I'm still praying that I will feel better physically soon.  Maybe I'll be able to sing again one day?  My throat is so sore it's been painful to talk over the past week.  I've been sucking regularly on cough drops in a feeble attempt to soothe my throat to no avail.

God has some marvelous plans I can feel Him preparing my heart and soul for something I cannot imagine.  I have been more emotional over this past year than I've ever been in my life.  I think it's got something to do with being so far from anything I know-it's like being in a foreign land.  (I mean, I did see an ice scraper for the first time in my life about a week ago.)

My verse of the year was Proverbs 19:21-Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.  All of my plans and good intentions are just that-plans and intentions.  The Lord's purpose trumps all of these and His plan is only for our good so I will continue to put my trust in Him daily and to life according to His will.  Though it is sometimes difficult and I get weary, He will continue to lift me up and guide my steps.

Here's to 2009.  More opportunities to share about Christ's love.  More chances to seek His face and live for Him.  I shall continue in my pursuit of glorifying Him.  With His help I will persevere through physical suffering, emotional trauma, and spiritual adversaries to sit at His feet.  My focus is only on You Lord, my Father.  I praise Your wonderful name and take in Your beautiful splendor.  Thank You for getting me through a difficult year.  I know that You will take me through another which will probably be just as hard.

-Live Simply, Live Fully.  Live for Him, Live like Jesus.  Run for Life.

No comments: