Saturday, October 24, 2009

glance back

It's interesting to think about really living in the moment. So often I feel like I'm looking back and then making plans for the future. Don't get me wrong, God's definitely made my life interesting and enjoyable. I just don't want to miss anything. I want to live in each moment and really live.

When I think about it, maybe it's school. School always makes you look toward the future and make plans for afterward. In college I imagined what life would be like when I finished at Poly. Now that I'm done and have been done for over 2 years... I'm still in school. I have less than have a year left of school. I can't wait.

Tomorrow morning is the Marine Corps Marathon. Another adventure to see all the sights DC has to offer. I figure taking the train will be the easiest. Hopefully I won't be too tired in the morning. It's already 9:30PM. One of these days I'll have to train and run with someone. I wonder how different that will be.

Oh, today the rain out near Annapolis was crazy. There was SO much standing water on the streets and freeway. My heart was racing, I thought I was going to die for a minute. It may have been less than a minute, but hydroplaning is very scary. Lazarus swerved. Luckily I was in the center lane and there were no cars on either side of me. As I swerved into the right lane, I tried to hold the steering wheel steady as Laz quickly jolted into the left lane. Eventually I hit dry ground again and was able to straighten out. I slowed down, way down. I can only imagine what happens when it's colder and icy. Needless to say, I am looking forward to driving back home and avoiding driving as much as possible.

- run for life

No comments: