Monday, April 14, 2008

going the distance


It's funny how we make so many plans throughout our lives. I planned to run across the Brooklyn Bridge Saturday, Roosevelt Island today (which I did and ran about 5 to 6 miles), and Central Park Tuesday and Wednesday. I was thinking I'd go about 4 to 6 miles on Saturday unless I felt like going further. I have to say, I didn't feel like going further but I figured I'd run back across the Manhattan Bridge to Brooklyn instead of the Williamsburg Bridge, not realizing that it would be a total of nearly 12 miles. I'm glad I am capable of running that much in one shot (almost 2 hours) without water, snacks, or breaks (I ran/weaved through crowds the whole time except waiting for stop lights here and there). The sun was setting beyond the skyline by the time I was running through downtown Brooklyn.

God knows what's best for us, He has glorious plans we can't even imagine. I make little plans here and there and go with God's timing. I need to be prepared, to continue to train myself so I am ready to go the distance - any distance for Him. I still have allergies - or post nasal drip (probably from Richmond still) and feel sick (scratchy throat, runny nose, hard to swallow, sometimes hard to breathe) but I am becoming more aware-it's becoming more real-that I will be living in Virginia. I don't know how long or why, but I am praying that God eases my heart. I feel torn between family and friends back home and God's will. I wish the two conincided...sinful me being selfish. I need Your help to be content with my lot. I want to sing, "it is well with my soul" and mean it. 

- run for life friends.

No comments: