Tuesday, April 8, 2008

second thoughts

Big step, I wouldn't say a "leap of faith," but still big.  I finally got around to opening a bank account.  I walked down to Central Virginia Bank in Market Square and went through all the background checks.  Luckily, I have not been convicted of any felonies (I was worried!  yeah, right.)  Since I don't pay bills, it took more questions to say that I was a "Virginia" resident since I have a California driver license.  I never actually said I was a Virginia resident.  I think I will always claim California.

It doesn't seem like that big of a deal, to open a bank account, especially when you consider that the closest Washington Mutals are in Pennsylvania or New Jersey.  Today was the first time I've been inside a bank since I was in California.  My heart was pounding, I couldn't tell if it was nerves... the whole idea of actually becoming a Virginia resident freaking me out or the Virginia allergies and pollen from all the trees and plants surrounding me.  Once the lady who was helping me handed me all the papers to sign... fear gripped me and I had to force my hand to sign all the papers as I read down the sheet... seeing the VA instead of CA underneath my name was bizarre.

Oh Lord I'm a little bit afraid... oh Lord make that very much afraid!  How long will I be here in this state that gives me headaches, sandpapery throat, sinus problems, post-nasal drip... aka allergies from random things my body has never been exposed to while living in beautiful, sunny California.  I hope that I can acclimate, or at least not feel so terrible during allergy season.  I'm scared.  God give me strength.  I should not fear anything but You Lord, please help to ease my fears, calm my heart, and grant me peace.

No comments: