Saturday, April 5, 2008

"rejoyce"

I saw a sign today while walking to the start of the Ukrop's 10k that said "Rejoyce in the Lord."  Even though I knew it was a play on the word "joy," it bothered me because it was misspelled.  My pride just getting in the way again.  I randomly thought: if our pride was an actual physical being, I wouldn't be able to fit in Lazarus anymore if I had to lug that around.  I am SO thankful for His grace and mercy!

I have been VERY busy!  I just got home and it's nearly 11PM... and I went to bed at 2AM and left at 6:30AM!  This is a semi-laundry list of my recent activities:
This past week was (praise God for His kindness) my FINAL week in Farmville!!  I was so excited to finally be done.  Friday was full so I am glad that I did hours this weekend (otherwise I would have been in Farmville Friday too).  Friday's schedule went something like this: wake up, run, shower, stop at church to get a book, Johnston Willis for a "second interview," to Richmond to volunteer for the Ukrop's 10k Health Expo RDA booth, then I wanted a free shirt... so I volunteered a little bit for the actual race organization... ha ha.  I was cutting it all very close on time!  It was student night for the KingsWay Co-op [see picture above] and of course I went since my 'family' [the family I live with] is involved in it.  It was hi-larry-us.  The kids were very silly, but I enjoyed it.  I got a major workout rotating between toting 4 different girls on my back for about 30-45 minutes.  [When I say 'tote'... I mean literally running around the foyer with children up to 65-70 pounds on my back.  I was gross afterwards-I mean glistening since girls don't sweat; but it was fun!]  We didn't get back until almost 11PM, but I had to make cookies for the Resolved Girl's Cookie Competition (since I knew I would be too busy Saturday)... so I was up until 2AM - made snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies with Ghirardelli 60% real dark chocolate (made in San Leandro, CA baby!)... I made a huge chocolate chip one to celebrate Josiah's early birthday (and it was fun - and delicious).  Kelly liked the chocolate chip ones better, but I brought the snickerdoodles because I thought they were more "aesthetically pleasing."  We ran out of sugar, but I made due and our CG was represented well, we took 1st and 3rd (Hannah got 1st and I got 3rd).  Good enough for me, it turned out 11 girls made cookies!  I didn't know there were that many, so I figured 3rd was pretty good.

>Today I left at 6:30AM, went to Gail's to carpool to the Ukrop's 10k with her and Rebecca.  It was good times from '50 cent' to actual fellowship.  I just thought of it as a training run, I paced Gail around 9:40-9:50 until the 5 mile marker.  Over all I finished with a 56:38, considering I covered the last 1.2 miles in 8:20 which translates into 6:57/mile, I wasn't too disappointed.  I wonder how fast I could run one since I'm so much better at "surging" rather than sprinting (and weaving through thousands of people is really annoying).  We may see one day.  I need to re-start my speed workouts again...  [Picture is because I saw the Virginia Commonwealth University aka VCU for the first time and... why wouldn't you want to climb in letters?]

Afterwards, we got a little mixed up on getting back to [highway] 95, took showers at Gail's and Rebecca and I headed over to the Williams' casa for a post-run brunch with a bunch of the KingsWay participants and their families.  We were a little belated on our arrival and ended up having 'nap time' from 3-4PM.  David on the large couch, Rebecca on the smaller one... and me on the floor.  [Side note: I totally fell asleep on the Hiler's kitchen table on Tuesday after ladies CG because I didn't want to sleep on the floor with all the Reepicheep hair on it.  I did fall asleep on the floor in the front room of the Johnson's house on Easter.]  Then I headed over to Food Lion, picked up some pink lemonade and orangeade and went to the Dixon's to assist Kathryn with any final preparation for the dinner for some ladies before Resolved.  I had a lot of fun, the food was delicious, and there was ice cream for dessert!  I didn't even eat any snacks or anyone's cookies at Resolved because I was so satiated from dinner.  :)  [That doesn't happen often, usually I'm all about the snacks!]  

The message was so pertinent to all of our lives, I was so grateful that God had put it on Steve's heart to share with us.  To pursue others and have others pursue you to assist in lovingly correcting each other and re-focusing on what Christ has done in our lives (to spur one another on).  I was re-convicted of my selfishness and pride, we joked during our group that it was like an AA meeting - or as I said, an "SA meeting - Sinner's Anonymous" [I love our group by the way, we're serious and truly care about each other, but we like to laugh and joke around too - we're the 'loud' group... I think whatever group I'm in is 'the loud' group (don't know if that's good or bad, but I do love to laugh)].  I tend to forget that God calls us to correct others for their benefit rather than our own.  It was nice to be reminded I am not the only one who falls short and we have one another to encourage each other.  I am ever aware of my sinful nature.  We are all equal at the foot of the cross, it is so good to remember, it is one of those things that you can never grow weary of and we will always need to be reminded of throughout each moment of our day and for the rest of our lives.

Just today I was asked about 10 times - so are you staying in Virginia?  It was kind of funny, but I am so grateful for all the encouraging words and heartfelt prayers.  Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say REJOICE!

forever in His debt
-run for life friends

 ps.  Just found out today that Ukrop's is NOT a play on the word "crop" like I assumed originally - it's the last name of the man who started the business (it's a health food store in Richmond, similar to TJ's at home, but way more expensive.)

No comments: