Monday, May 12, 2008

brevity

I went to visit Kim today. It was unreal. I stood there with a rose, a coconut monkey bank from Hawai'i [the last place I saw her], and a paper crane. Everything became blurry, the bright green blended with the pink, white, and gray. My friend placed the flowers he bought at the head of the stone with the others. Salty drops ran down my checks. The tombstone was new, her picture just put on in the past month. A little over 6 months ago, she was still here. I called her for her birthday on the 3rd; I'm so glad I called the day before. We should be hanging out right now, instead I am visiting her grave. I am reminded to live for today, to live for now rather than tomorrow or the future. I know that God has plans for all of us, but we need to enjoy the times we do have and make the most of all the opportunities that He has given us.  We're only on this world for a brief period of time, then we will pass on to heaven to be with our Creator and Savior.  There are so many people to reach out to, so many people to tell about Jesus, it feels like there isn't enough time.  I pray that God will use me and that I will allow myself to be available for His works.  I pray that my life will have an impact on those around me and that I will "preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary use words" [St. Francis of Assisi]. 

- run for life friends

No comments: