Saturday, May 24, 2008

wow


I got to LAX at 6PM PST.  Didn't get out of the airport until 1:30PM EST in Louisville, KY.  My bag was emptied during a search and I thought, 'good thing I put my underwear into my check-in bag' (the first time I've checked in a bag since we went to China when I was 8).  When we boarded the Boeing 757 in SF and pulled out, it smelled like gasoline.  They said a valve was leaking and they were trying to fix it.  I fell asleep, an hour and a half later they made us all get off and board another plane.  It was almost 2AM PST before we left SF.  That delay caused me to miss my connecting flight from Chicago to Louisville.  Good thing I took the complementary pillow and blanket with me when I left the plane.  I fell asleep on the chairs at the gate.  A lady on the plane from SFO to Chicago gave me a piece of sourdough bread and a Kudos bar because I hadn't eaten since Anita's graduation lunch by 1AM PST.  I just ate a Kashi bar I found in the side pocket of my bag, it's 2:35PM EST.  I can't check into my room until 3PM.  I went to baggage claim to get my bag.  It wasn't there.  The lady at the desk thought it was still at LAX.  I thought, 'maybe it wasn't such a good thing I put my underwear into my check-in bag.'

- run for life

1 comment:

anna said...

bummer about the lost luggage. it's happened to me before and it can be frustrating.

i'm sure it'll show up. sooner rather than later.