Monday, September 8, 2008

movin' on

First time in SLO since graduation.  Oddly it was so much the same as far as looks.  It would be a beautiful place to live for sure.  It would be kind of sad with all of my friends gone though.  I had a wonderful time celebrating Juice and Blair's wedding with friends old and new.  I went to church the next day and saw some of my youth group kids... I can almost not call them kids anymore.  They're all grown up now.

Mixed emotions fill my mind and soul.  I am so thankful that God has kept some of my kids in the church and rooted them in faith.  It breaks my heart to see some of them fall away and get caught up in the world.  I knew it from the fruit before, but I prayed that it wouldn't happen.  God is ultimately in control.  I am so glad that I could play a small role in the development of so many children and teenagers who are now adolescents, adults, and even married adults.

Wow, I miss California.  I miss my friends and my sister.  I pray that she is okay and that it is just a plane delay.  I'm sure it is.  I hope that everything is all right.  God please help sister be all right and those who she is with.  I know you only give us what we can handle and I'm quite certain I could not handle a tragedy of catastrophic proportions.

-run for life

No comments: