Tuesday, September 2, 2008

time goes by

Days keep flying by. Sometimes I just want to sit and do nothing. I often feel like I'm caught up in this and that, going from one place to another. It's already September. I try to take in the beauty of God's creation around me and savor the moments He has provided me with. It's hard with so many things to do all the time though. I feel like there isn't enough time. The clock keeps ticking, time keeps moving on without me.

I am excited to go home this weekend. I can't wait to use my comforter and sleep comfortably instead of with small good will blankets. I need to get my mom a birthday present before I go back to California. I should finish my list of things I need to get while I'm home now before I forget what I need...

I feel like people are often caught up in relationships whether it be with a guy or girl, family or not. I suppose it is because we are relational beings. I find myself falling prey to the conversations about desires for marriage more out here in Virginia than I ever did at home. I don't feel like marriage will define my life. I think it could enhance it-obviously if that's in His plans it will, but I am content with being me, being single and getting to do whatever I feel like God wants me to do or is allowing me to do.

Today was the first day of school for many... wow. It's funny to look back and think about my perceptions of my teachers and others around me... and now my friends are teachers. Weird.

-run for life

No comments: