Tuesday, October 21, 2008

racing

He is the Rock, His works are perfect and His ways are just. An upright God who does no wrong, faithful and just is He. -Deut 32:4

I am so amazed constantly throughout my days and weeks. I will never measure up, yet He still chooses me and nudges me to try again. I dust myself off and stand at the line once more, setting for the gun. The loud "bang!" fills my ear drums as my body springs into action.

The race of life is swift, sometimes I feel so left behind. I feel my anxiety and stress leaving me as I enjoy fellowship with others who are like minded. I still have hopes and dreams that I will keep to myself for now, perhaps time will reveal or smash those glimmers, but God's in charge, so whatever He wants to happen will happen.

I didn't feel super productive today but at least I got some cleaning done and read through some of the material I'll be teaching tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping to get to work early so I can finish all my patients and prepare my lesson! Wow. I've never been this last minute when giving a presentation or teaching. I guess it's a good thing I already know the subject, I just need to review it. We have a lot going on tomorrow including a teleconference. I hope that my lesson doesn't need to be an entire hour-maybe 45 minutes max. I can squeeze and easy half hour out of nothing so I can hit 45 no problem. God please help me with all of this, the things I must do for work and everything in life.

Greenville, South Carolina here I come this weekend. I am praying about that too. My lungs hurt and feel like they are strangely smaller than normal or clogged... I guess that could have something to do with being sick this past week and being unable to breathe. Sometimes I pray for God to just take me now and put me out of my misery of this life and take me to heaven. One day I'll see His face. I can only imagine. I pray that I will finish this race for His glory and be able to make it through the next race in Raleigh, North Carolina the week after. God, please help me.

-run for life

No comments: