Wednesday, October 22, 2008

re-growth

I'm attempting to grow pineapples in my room. They take 18-20 months to grow. One of them has roots... well a stub of a root that is beginning to protrude from the base of the 'stalk' (is that what the spikey green part is called on the top of a pineapple?). Life is all about growth and re-growth. Pineapples must be grown from individual plants, then replanted. They aren't like other plants that you can keep harvesting from. How did I never know this? It really is true that we learn something new every day.

God continues to teach me lessons each day. I am forever in His debt. I answered all my messages and emails today and I'm hitting my 4th post this month. I realize October is almost over, but hey, I'm trying to be technological enough to keep in touch with the outside world.

I messed up while taking my first online graduate school test. I was quite disappointed and felt like a complete nincompoop. I accidentally submitted it before I was finished with the test. Luckily I still got an 88.63% so I can still get an A in the class. I would have been horrified if I had gotten anything lower than a B. I still have the final which is worth more and a big project than I can do well on. God is still working on my pride in the area of intelligence and GPA.

My TF lesson went fine. It wasn't actually nursing students. It turned out it was actual RNs and LPNs who worked in the ER, acute care, and ICU. Fancy that. I was nervous and thought I sounded terrible. For some reason I was having difficulty pronouncing things, medications are weird though. At least people learned something. It's over until next year at least.

Tomorrow I leave for South Carolina for state 5. I'm excited to go somewhere new. I pray that I don't get more sick while running and that God will help me through it. I can only pray that I will finish strong since I know I cannot get a PR while my lungs feel this way and my body feels physically ill. Oh well, that just means a bigger PR in 2009.

Keep looking up and focusing on Him. Look out SC! Here I come.

-run for life

1 comment:

Brynn said...

Hey, Jill, great blog!
Have a nice SC trip. :)