Sunday, November 2, 2008

stress

It's already November! Wow. Thanksgiving is coming soon. Two more states down. I was in North Carolina this morning running the Sony Ericsson City of the Oaks marathon in Raleigh. Last weekend was the Spinx Greenville, SC marathon. At least I am done with the Carolinas now. I was so disappointed when I was told I probably had a stress fracture... but I kept running. Then it was later confirmed by the trainers at the end of the race. So disappointing!

I wish I could bring my bike here for less than $100. How unfortunate. I am probably going to start swimming every day after work/aqua jog to keep my cardio up and stay in shape until I can run again in January. Six weeks is such a long time! It will pass sooner than I think.

SC was fun while visiting Kristen and Sam. Sam took some great pictures of us running. I was so impressed with his awesome (really expensive) camera. Kristen got a PR in the half which was great, I was excited for her... but it was really painful to run the second half alone.

NC was good too. I enjoyed the marathon in NC more than last weekend. The first half last weekend was good, but the second half was terrible. Today there were more people and it was just all around organized better and more of the volunteers were cheering us on. It was a lot more fun. I ran almost the same time this week as last weekend even though I wasn't even breathing that hard at the end. I tried to take it easy because my ankle was killing me. :(

-run for life

No comments: