Thursday, October 18, 2007

as usual

Days go by and I find I put off writing about my time here in Virginia. I thought it'd be a good idea to update today because I had a great day yesterday and today. Yesterday I was queasy about going to watch surgeries in the OR. I prayed the whole way to the hospital that God would help me. I still don't like seeing it, but I was able to take it. I want to know what my patients have to go through and how big the wounds are that need protein and what not. The knee scope and carpul tunnel syndrome I saw were very small compared to the open stomach/chest surgeries - I saw the doctors open a guy up to remove his bladder due to cancer, but it turned out the cancer had already entered the lymph nodes and started to spread to his stomach and other organs. I prayed for him in my head upon hearing that. I saw a guy get a wound vac applied to his stomach from a previous hystectomy. I prayed for all the people who were under going surgery and the surgeons and nurses in the rooms.

The doctors who are in charge or the "head" doctor of the surgery receive the honor of choosing the music that is played during the operation. During the wound vac application, I thought the nurse was joking when she said the doctor listened to "gansta rap" and put in a CD. Moments later I was laughing because "Pop, Lock, & Drop It" filled the room and the doctor was bobbing along to the music and the nurse was pretending to dance and laughed and said she couldn't dance (she wasn't able to hit the beats). The scene was almost comical, and then "9mm" came on and the doctor knew all the words. It was hilarious.

Today I took a little break and went up to attempt calling the police department to figure out my car issues. I was transferred 5 times in one phone call and found out at the end of 30 minutes that I was contacting the wrong department. Finally, I was able to reach the right people, told my claim adjuster and was able to find out that I need to get 2 estimates, fax them to the company and I can get a rental car they will pay for. They are 100% liable and are covering everything. I was really glad all of that is almost resolved. I'm going to try to wake up early tomorrow and hit one place in the morning to get an estimate done. If I can get two done, I will, but at least one tomorrow morning before 10AM. I am carpooling with Geraldine to VASPEN. Elizabeth said they weren't fun, but oh well. I have to go for school. I'm hoping for some decent free stuff.

Well, as usual, God always provides and blesses my life. I wonder sometimes why, but it's probably because He loves me, just like He loves everyone else on this planet. He makes time for each one of us and gives us each attention. It's amazing. I was in awe of the sunrise in the review mirror of the car. It was so beautiful, breath taking.

Now, it's time to read some more of the book I got at the Women's Retreat: "Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?" and check on how the Indians are faring against the Red Sox, they were up 3-1 going into tonight. Maybe my predictions were backwards. Maybe it'll be Red Sox vs Indians 4-3 and Rockies vs D'backs 4-0. We shall see. I still think the Rockies can take it all.

No comments: