Saturday, June 14, 2008

Illinois

Friday, June 13:  Lack of sleep finally took it's toll.  Waking up at 9:30AM this morning, Brian and Chandler were already ready to leave by the time the drilling started out the window.  I got up, checked the weather, ate miso soup and popcorn for lunch and packed my bag.  I dawdled and tried to look up the news in regards to the flooding of Iowa and the dam breaking in Wisconsin.  I started my laundry, dried it, folded it, and stuck it into a compressor sack so that I could squish it and stick it in the car.  Everything was reorganized in Lazarus and then I set out for the stadium.

I took the blue line toward Forest Hill and then transfered at Jackson to the red line south.  Then I walked out to the stadium, bought my over priced tickets and waited for the gate to open.  Some people in line were from Alabama and I was talking to them about baseball.  They were visiting a bunch of stadiums as well, but staying in a motor home instead of sleeping on other people's couches and in the trunk of their car.

We went inside and they check your ticket before you even enter the 100 level of the park.  I spoke with one of the ladies who was in charge and she let me go in even though I had an upper deck ticket (500 level-aka the 'cheap seats' even though they were 21 bucks).  I took tons of pictures at the field level and after trying to get a ball for a little while, I traveled up towards the upper concourse, some guys whistled and tried to get my attention, but I kept on walking.  I really don't understand, like I told my friend-even if I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt guys still act like idiots.  There was a beautiful view of the city loop.

I went and sat down a little to the left of home plate.  No one bothered me so I never moved to my actual seats.  The people across the isle from me were from Salt Lake City and I got another 'proposal.'  I guess guys who like baseball are impressed when girls like baseball enough to travel from park to park by themselves just to watch the game.  The first 6 runs of the game were all home runs-it was crazy.  The Rockies had 4 HR and the Sox 2, but later on the Sox scored like a normal team and won 5-4.  There was an awesome firework show after the game since it was firework night (Friday) and then I got back on the red line only to discover that I couldn't transfer to the blue line during the 'weekend' (Friday night counts as the weekend) because they are doing construction.

There were loud boys yelling at one another and then at me when they saw my A's hat.  I ignored them for the most part and got off and walked 3/4 of a mile to get to the proper train.  I got back around 11:31PM and loaded all my pictures onto Jac to make collages, organize my papers/trash, and go to sleep.

I have to look into the news for details on flooding in Wisconsin.  I really want to see Ryan and stay on schedule.  The people I was talking to from Salt Lake City bought me nachos and it turns out they are planning on going to Milwaukee as well, so we'll see.  Maybe I will see them again.  God knows better than I do what is going to happen, so I will trust & follow Him.

No comments: