Wednesday, July 30, 2008

a new chapter

A new chapter of life is unfolding. I anticipate much happiness, pain, joy, tears, struggle, and wonder. Life keeps on rolling and it's all I can do to keep up. I FINALLY sucked it up and bought a djembe (a nice one). I've been looking for a good one on sale/inexpensive for about 5 or 6 years now. It's my treat to myself for getting a job-complete with carrying case.

I start work on Monday. I'm a little scared. Yuri and Sandra are going to Vegas in a few weeks. I wish Lei and I could go to. Vegas is so boring though... and hot. Ugh. There are so many reunions I want to have, people I want to see. God be with my friends and family as I am so far away.

I wish I was better at keeping in touch, but I guess I'm not terrible. I sent out my newsletter update of the summer and let everyone know I will be staying out in Virginia for a while... I'm scared to say the least. I'm excited that I have time to hang out with Karen and Natalie before I start. I am thankful for the accountability group (right now it's just Abby & I-so partners) we have started out here in Virginia. I need to look for those questions Em and I used to do during high school with our journals.

Lord please help me to be content with the life that you have given me. Please God, I would like to be able to breathe better. I feel so headachy and stuffed up all the time. I don't like the constant dripping and sore throats all the time. God please help my heart.

-run for life

No comments: