Monday, August 4, 2008

seasons

I watched a Nats game up in DC with Karen and a few of her friends. It was glorious, the new park is really nice. I am glad I was able to close off my pre-salary life with an MLB game.

A new season of life is beginning. I had general orientation at SRMC today. Though twinges of loneliness and longing for home attempt to suppress my excitement, I am trying to remain optimistic. I know that God has brought me here for a reason, I know that He has a perfect plan. It's hard to control your emotions though. I am praying that I will feel at "home"-not California home, but feel like I belong, that the people around me want me to be here.

I am praying that carpooling to work works out too, that will save so much gas and be fun too. It only took me 30 minutes to get to work this morning. There is no traffic despite what others may say. If you are able to go the speed limit or higher, even if there are a lot of cars around-that's not traffic. Traffic is when you sit there and can't move, it's also known as "gridlock" or "congestion" Silly people who don't know what real traffic is. I'd say going to DC there is traffic and out to VA Beach, but definitely not on the way to P-burg in the morning-or afternoon for that matter.

I get to start doing actual work tomorrow, but I have a few more orientations to go to this week. I am hoping to get my CPR re-certified if they'll let me. I don't want to pay for it...

Well, time to sleep. I feel like turning off my computer too. I have a job now... so I don't need to check my e-mail as often. Technology has it's pros and cons. I often get tired of it. Good night.

-run for life

No comments: