Monday, January 21, 2008

7

I got to work at 7AM. While I was driving over, it was 7 degrees. I believe my digits are numb and typing is turning out to be quite a chore (the heater is out of commission in the Farmville log cabin). Jac is still being resuscitated and I should get him back on Saturday from the Mac Pro Shop. It was a good reminder that I spend too much time on the computer. I am going to be even more efficient that I have been. It's nice to not be connected to technology constantly. Sometimes I leave my phone in the car so that I don't have to answer it! I like not checking fb and my email every stinkin' day! I like having more time for qt, devos, running, practicing my guitar, hanging out with the big G-o-d, basically all the things I think are important. Sadly, it's going to cost nearly 300 dollars, but I know everything will work out. It was nice to not freak out about my seminar paper and be able to finish it by Wednesday night. I was surprised at my efficiency. I can do all things through God and I have been petitioning a lot.

I have been praying a lot about discernment lately. I am getting closer to the end of my internship - it's almost the end of January and I graduate on April 25th! Amazing how time flies by. It is a blessing to be wanted in so many places - my family/friends in California want me to come home - my new "family"/friends here want me to stay in Virginia. It breaks my heart. I applied for the Peace Corps as I planned I would two years ago and will be interviewing sometime in the next month. I am not sure if that is where God wants me to go at this particular time, but I am trying to leave all the doors open so He can shut them as He chooses. I am going to start job searching and applying when I get Jac back. I was thinking about trying to work on getting a sports-nutrition related job right off the bat, even if it's not with a pro team it would be good to get experience.

With all of my heart and every fiber in my body I want to serve God and do what He wants me to do, to go where He wants me to go. God has faithfully answered all of my prayers thus far and I know that He will answer my current prayers. I have been praying pretty constantly. My two main thoughts are to pray with expectancy and pray without ceasing... and I plan on continuing to do so. If you'd like to join me, that'd be great. More prayers are always welcome. I need discernment for my future job and location right now. Okay, I'm shivering/literally shaking with cold and I need to eat dinner. This is getting ridiculous!

No comments: