Wednesday, January 23, 2008

the weather outside is frightening

...Well it's actually quite nice outside. It was 55 degrees today! Much warmer than it's been the past two days. I ran in circles around the hospital parking lot and building Monday and Tuesday. Today I ran to the golf course. It's been nice to sing while I work even though people say I'm too happy all the time. I have been able to talk about JC and God quite a few times since I've been back at SCH. I know they need to hear it and it breaks my heart to see people so gloomy and sad all the time. I can't really help rockin' to a beat - tapping the counter while waiting for more people during lunch to come and be served while singing a song and keeping myself occupied. I was telling one guy that there was so much to be thankful for. One woman was talking about her 4 ex-husbands and how she has a husband and 2 boyfriends right now. She thought I was ridiculous for saying that I was going to wait and God would help me to find a husband that would be satisfactory so I wouldn't need to look for anything else where. She was very blunt asking me if I'd ever been with a guy and other questions when I said I didn't have a boyfriend and that I don't date. I guess it's good that my life is so different from many around me. I was shocked at the drama people choose to put into their lives. I am so anti-dramatic, I just don't feel that it is necessary.

That's another of my prayers... that God will provide a husband for me. I don't know if I am going about it in the right way... I mostly keep to myself. I've always tried to dress modestly so I don't call attention to myself. In high school I used to get "cat calls" from guys who would tell me how much they liked my legs during track meets/soccer games/tennis matches/cross country meets/other sporting events I competed in... and I haven't worn shorts (except guy shorts that go down to my knees & running shorts while running/working out) since. I guess I figure God will send someone my way if I focus on Him and try my best to live my life for Him. People say I should date and talk to more guys... but should I? I don't think I need to. The kind of guy I want doesn't want a girl to search him out. I want to be pursued, but not in the lame way that society thinks is okay. I don't like it when I get honked at while running (I did today by a truck driver while running down the side of the road! Gosh! Seriously... why is that okay? - and it was definitely not to tell me I was in the way because I was on the opposite side of the road and in the grass), I don't want a guy to like me because of what I look like (obviously I want my future husband to think I'm pretty, but love me because of who I am), I don't want to have to change (other than be challenged to be more Christ-like), pretend to be someone I'm not, or play some "dating game." Maybe I'm stuck in the old days "waiting for my prince to come"... but I trust that God will let me know when it's time "to let my hair down." (I wear my hair down about 1x/year... mostly because I know that guys/people like my hair, ha ha, that's probably a weird reason. I think it's because I feel like they need to earn the privilege to actually see my hair down.)

I'm getting hungry. I should probably eat the lasagna that Mrs. Johnson gave me to take back to Farmville! :) There are so many great people around here. I need to figure out where God is telling me to go/stay/live/be (I just wrote about that the other day). God please help me to stay strong for You and continue to work on the hearts of those I work with. Please help me to keep the joy in my heart that I have while I am working in a negative environment where everyone tells me something is wrong with me because I am happy/singing and praising You while I work.

ps. and what is up with the Warriors losing to the Timberwolves?? Weak sauce!

No comments: