Saturday, March 13, 2010

decisions

When you're a kid, you've got decisions to make. Will I play with my ball or climb the orange tree in the backyard? Am I going to cross the street to go to the park or ride up and down the sidewalk?

When you get older, you've got decisions to make that can affect your life in major ways. For me, I had to make the decision to go home after my internship or stay. I chose to stay. I know that God will be glorified no matter what I do, but it's still tough making big choices. Now I've been here on the east coast for three years and don't get me wrong, I think if I were in New York or Boston I'd be all right. However, I'm a city girl stuck in the southern flair of Virginia.

I've got 77 more days until my 27th birthday and pack up Lazarus and begin my drive home. I hope that I can make it. I just finished my big project evaluation for one of my classes and have 3 more large projects to finish before I am done with school (along with some smaller assignments). Once school is over April 3, I think I will feel much more free.

However, with freedom comes more choices! I need to decide whether I'm going to KGibbs wedding or run the Delaware Marathon (I already signed up for back in October). I am going to interview next weekend in Louisville, KY for a mission trip that would last a year in Peru. Or, should I get a job back home in NorCal and hope for the best as far as relationships go.

I feel like my life has been on hold these past 3 years. I kind of want to start my life and perhaps I'm ready to be in a relationship. Who knows. Only God. I'll keep praying. Here's to hoping for the best and trusting in Him.

More homework to do. I can see the finish line. I'm almost there. I just have to kick it in and finish strong.

- run for life

No comments: