Thursday, March 18, 2010

YAV Can 1

I was really tired because I stayed up till 2AM doing my paper for ED class last night and when I got to Philly all I wanted was lunch. I ate some of the snacks I brought and updated my resume some more when I realized the wireless didn't work. I got on the plane and fell fast asleep. I woke up with a jolt and I thought they said we had arrived in Louisville... I deflated my neck pillow and got ready to deplane only to realize a minute later they said we were going to get ready to take off to Louisville, ugh! I was too tired to re-inflate my neck pillow so I just went to sleep on the window. I am plane spoiled by the way. JetBlue has really big comfy/cushier seats. US Airways plane was tiny. From Richmond to Philly there were two seats on either side of the aisle. From Philly to Louisville there was one seat on the left and two on the right. Weird right? Yeah, but their numbering system is even more strange. On the first plane I noticed the seats were numbered by row likea normal plane and then on the left were seats A and D... on the right were seats C and F. I have no idea why it was like that but that's what the signs said above every row. Weird.

When I got to Louisville I am so Presbyterian I fit in with the other YAV candidates. I definitely enjoyed meeting all of the new people today. I went running when we got to the lodge-which by no means is 'roughing' it at all. Definitely more plush accommodations than I was expecting. I went down to Cherokee Park and ran the 'scenic loop' which I learned was 2.4 miles around. It was really nice! I didn't know what to expect out in the cuts of Kentucky (okay so Louisville is a pretty large city out here) but there were a decent amount of people running around the park-there was an entire lane devoted to biking and runners/walkers. Amazing! I thought it was amusing that they had a carpool diamond in the "recreation lane" as they dubbed it on the signs (I probably would have been like 'sweet, there's more than one person in this car' and run someone over... okay so exaggeration, but it was awesome).

I took a shower and grabbed the two bottles that looked shampoo and conditioner. Washed my hair with the shampoo, and put conditioner in my hair... or at least what I thought was conditioner. Turned out it was lotion. Wow...

- run for life

No comments: