Monday, December 3, 2007

heart stopper

I was going downstairs to lock the door after letting the dog out for the last time tonight... and I saw a monster spider that rivaled a baby taurantula. It had to be as big as a potato bug (the big ones that look like ants but gianormous)... about the length of my thumb which is 2 inches. I killed it with the dog's bone because that was the closest object that I could crush it with without a chance of touching it. I was barefoot so I couldn't even stomp on it. I felt a bad for half a second before Gerd just grabbed her bone off the ground and carried it around. I don't think she even noticed the giant spider guts on the underside of one of the knots... Then I looked for a broom... but there wasn't one so I used a sponge mop and took 5 minutes to brush it's crumbled body off the carpet out the front door. Wow. I'm glad I'm still young otherwise something like that might give me a heart attack. I definately felt my heart skip a beat! Time to sleep. Two posts in one day! I'm on fire... or just really scared of GIAGANTICAL spiders that are crawling across the front room carpet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you:-)........ i would have screamed hysterically and run far away in the opposite direction (still screaming hysterically........)

anna said...

spiders...yuck. i'm deathly scared of 'em. at my old place, there was a huge spider...it had muscles.