Thursday, December 20, 2007

two more years?

I really think I would like to join the Peace Corps and do nutrition work out in another country for two years, that means I'll be single for two more years in addition to the near six that I'm at. Eight years. Two more full years. It seems like such a small number, but when you put it into 24 months or 104 weeks, it sounds like so much more. It's the best time of my life to do something of the sort because I am still single and I don't foresee any relationships occuring in the near future. I know that once I do get into a relationship, I will want to spend time with them and since I am hoping that my next relationship will be a lasting one - eventually leading to marriage, I would want to invest in it. I know that you can do distance relationships and I wouldn't mind that if I had to. I currently am planning on coming back to the United States when I am through. I do like my home here in Virginia, the people are so nice... although I really miss California weather and my friends and family back home. My heart is torn in so many directions, literally across the country. Maybe that's why I want to go to another nation and see if I fit there too. Maybe God made me to be a wanderer. I would be okay with that, as I seem to make friends very easily, but I do want to wander with someone if I am called to it [obviously I'm hoping it would be my husband and children].

I had a lot of fun at the dance last night, including the drive to and from. We ended up with 8 people in a 7 person van, that isn't that many, but when it's on the way to a formal event, it seems like a lot more. I actually wore a skirt and heels, big day, I know. I love dancing, it's really been a long time. I am so used to Latin and Hawai'ian dancing though, there isn't much hip action to any of the dances we did [swing, waltz, foxtrot].

Well, I have to make up my presentation for my clinical case study. I'm just hoping that I won't have to redo my paper. 45 minute presentations... seem really long, but I know I can fill up a lot of that time just talking about the patient that I chose. One more day of school until break. I can't wait.

No comments: