Wednesday, December 12, 2007

run more ... eat more

That seems to be my philosophy of life. I am running more... I'm trying to do at least 30 minutes 4-5 times a week plus abs and push ups. I'm still trying. I ran on the treadmill today for 3.02 miles and it took me 29:29. It was really slow, but I'm super paranoid about treadmills, I'm afraid I'm going to fall off and hit my face on it and slide off. I was running about 6mph or ~10 minutes per mile for the first mile, then 9:40 then a little faster for 1/2 ~9:31, then I slowed up for .25 (between 10-12min/mile) and sped up again for the last 200 meters ~8:31. I'm trying to work on my speed and endurance, but mainly endurance. I may need to work on my treadmill endurance because MAN IT'S BORING. I can't handle it, I'm literally dripping sweat and staring at a wall while listening to my iPod. I wish it was more city-esque around here. According to the scale here I've lost 1.4# in ~1.5 weeks. I am trying to do it the healthy way. I need to cut out the ice cream from my diet at lunch for work. I had a cookie ice cream sandwich today that was FIVE HUNDRED Calories alone. Ha! I had half a personal pizza too. I need to remember to get the other half and bring it home for this weekend when I'm all alone.

I'm planning on cleaning the house on Friday unless I go out and then the house will be CLEAN until Monday when everyone gets back, but at least it will be clean for them when they get home from New York/New Jersey. Skylar won't mess things up, she just likes laying around being a bum. I need to get my case study done too... it's now due in less than 9 days! Crazy. I need to get it done tomorrow and Friday. Good thing my room is always clean so I don't have to worry about that. I'm trying to stop wasting time. Less internet searching unless I need to for school and more sleeping and homework getting done. I need to be more efficient! I need to work on living up to my motto!

ps. I got offered a job with Aramark at the hospital I'm doing my psych rotation at. Ha, ha. Silly because I hate clinical settings. Too bad, Aramark is nation-wide so I could potentially work for them and move back home to California and still have a job. They are one of the "big 3" food service companies for hospitals/schools. Morrison is also one of the 3, that's what they have in Farmville.

No comments: