Wednesday, December 5, 2007

the last king of Scotland

Talk about intense. I almost threw up during a specific part of the movie. I always feel so moved during movies such as this. I know that they are based on real stories and that is frightening in and of itself. I know that they are made because people should be called into action but I don't know what I can do to help all of the suffering people in this world. I watched Hotel Rwanda and cried, I watched Schindler's List. I can't hold myself together and I want to do something about it. I don't want to be like the majority of the world who watches these movies and then sits on their butts doing NOTHING. It's not just a good movie. 300,000 Ugandans were killed in only 8 years by their own leader! How man people were killed in Rwanda? How many people are being killed in Iraq? How many people will die tomorrow? I watched some of those movies prior to finishing high school and/or college and I told myself, I have to finish school before I do anything because I will be no good to any one right now. Now that I'm done, I'm forcing myself through this internship I really don't want to do because I felt like God was calling me to it. I have been thinking about the Peace Corps for a while now. I want to see what the best way to help with my skills is though, I don't just want to throw myself willy nilly into the mix and do nothing. People ask me jokingly if I want to change the world. I answer honestly, "yes." I know that God uses people and I know that God is using me and will use me. I know that praying and allowing God to use me will benefit the most people. I just don't want people to hurt unnecessarily. I don't want people to die for no reason. I want them to know that God is there and He is real and watching out for them, that there is something better out there. God please help me to do what You want me to do and help Your people around the world. I want to be available and be willing to do whatever You ask me to. Here I am.

1 comment:

anna said...

Wow, sounds like a good movie. I'm going to watch it too...thanks for the recommendation!