Friday, November 9, 2007

26.2

again. I wonder sometimes why I like to push myself so much. Maybe it's because I like the feeling of accomplishment, or being able to do things ordinary people are afraid of. I've always wanted to be special, to stand out, it's hard when you're a small little Asian girl I guess.

It's raining outside. It was raining really hard yesterday. I was getting sunscreen ready yesterday and now I have a garbage bag that I will poke holes in for my arms to run in. I think it will be fun to run as a raisin. I have to check in and figure out where to go and all that tomorrow, but I just follow the signs and run with recklessness. Jessi and Katrice are serious about this thing, I feel like an amateur. I think I'm just really, really weird. Nobody else just runs marathons without training for them. Why would anyone do that to themselves? Yeah, I think that classifies as crazy.

So, Kim this is for you. I miss you. I hope that you are in heaven smiling down, please tell Jesus I hope that I don't get more sick, staying the same amount of sick is fine and getting my dot today of all days is all right too, but please keep me safe and from getting more sick during this race. I know that you always wished you could run a marathon and I know you and Jesus will be with me every step of the way.

26.2 starts with one step, a lot of determination... and a little bit of crazy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

crazy must run in the family...hope you had fun!