Saturday, November 10, 2007

wingin' it

So I ran the Sun Trust Marathon, it was the 30th annual Richmond Marathon, supposedly "America's Friendlist Marathon." I think I'm one of the craziest people I know. I didn't train all summer because my neck hurt. I didn't train when I drove across the country because I didn't have time. I didn't train much during school because I have been really busy and I didn't want to run in the dark. ...then the day rolled around and I did it anyway. I ran more than 1.5 minutes per hour slower than last time and last time I was dehydrated before I started.

Today was ... un-fun, but I finished. I didn't train, I was sick, I didn't know when the race actually started, I started my period last night. I think I may be one of the only people who has ever done that and finished with a smile. I ran with Samantha, she's from Richmond, it was her first marathon... I'm so glad God brought us together around the half-way point, because I don't know if either of us would have been able to be so happy at the end. We pushed each other and encouraged each other. It was good times.

RIP Kim, I ran it for you.

I am a runner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy to see God at work, even when things are un-fun