Monday, November 5, 2007

Hi friends,

I just found out that my friend Kim Hoang passed away this morning at 2:50AM in Oakland, California. She was a passenger in a vehicle, both drivers were cited for driving under the influence. They were driving back home after her 22nd birthday party. If you could pray for her and her family & friends that would be wonderful, the service is in San Leandro, California this Saturday, November 10, 2007. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, but I am running the Richmond Marathon that day so I will be running in memory of her.

Kim Hoang - resident of San Leandro, California - SLHS Class of '03
November 4, 1985-November 5, 2007

Also, remind everyone you know that driving under the influence is never a good idea no matter who you are or where you are. It's not worth it, call a cab or find a designated driver. Don't let your friends drink and drive and don't do it!!!

NO ONE is immune to car accidents, whether or not you are the one who has been drinking.

I thank you for your prayers on behalf of Kim's family and friends,
Jilly O

2 comments:

thoughtfull said...

Hi,

I saw your posting about Kim Hoang being killed. Is she Chauthuy Hoang's younger sister? I think the family also has a brother too.

I am a friend of Chauthuy's from graduate school. I live on the East Coast and am afraid to call my her in case she is overwhelmed right now. If you could just please confirm for me that this is the person I am thinking of, that would be really helpful.

thoughtfull said...

My name is Cindy Echevarria, by the way.