Tuesday, November 6, 2007

appola

I decided to try a new recipe. Well, it wasn't really a recipe. I made what I have named "appola," I mixed oatmeal, diced apple, a little bit of brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl and baked it in pans. It's a variation off a apple crisp recipe I made a few weeks ago... but then changed and made better and then tried to make it healthier. I cut out a lot of the sugar and put only a little butter. It's a pretty good snack. I was a fan, it tastes best warm. If you'd like to know the proportions in more detail... let me know so I can try making it again and measure at least one or two ingredients! I kind of eyeball things and taste it to see if it's going all right. I think my first variation was the best. I made apple crisp-ish desserts in muffin tins so they were individual and tasted delicious, I'm sure they weren't as healthy as my appola.

I met the lady in Farmville, she's great! I'm actually really excited to stay in Farmville and do yoga and help her get started running. God is always working in little ways and big ways in the world. Its the cutest little log cabin ever, the key is a skeleton key... I get to use a real skeleton key for a log cabin that was built 100 years ago! It's awesome. It's original too. I'm so excited. I have a new friend in Farmville of all places. I met her sister and her niece as well, they were nice too.

Anyway, I'm hoping I will get my car back on Thursday and drop off my rental Thursday so I can go to Yoga on Wednesday, but I like doing the why weight? class on Thursdays at 4:30pm, and the rental place and English closes at 5pm! Argh. I wonder if someone could pick it up for me? Hmmm... I have the check, I could just sign it off. We'll see, God help everything to work out the way You would like it to! Thanks. I should call Ken too, I will do that and go to sleep. It's LATE! I was at the Jones' house hanging out with some of the girls from church, it was fun, I need to talk less and listen more though! When I get nervous I talk though, I don't like the silence...

No comments: