Tuesday, November 20, 2007

good girls

I remember people thinking I was a goody-two shoes in school. I just did what I was told, what's wrong with that? So now a days, I don't drink, don't swear or curse; I have self control. Why do I get so annoyed when people tell me I come across as a "good" girl? I guess they just mean they think I am person with morals? I don't really know what that means, but I have sinful thoughts just like everyone else. Obviously I try not to act on them, but sometimes I don't always turn to God first. Why are there categories that people are put in? What happened to the middle ground? I like to have fun, I don't like to break rules, laws, or hurt myself or others. You can have fun and still obey God. I like to enjoy myself, do out of the ordinary things. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too sensitive or I am taking it the wrong way. Humph.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i want to be the "good" person that people think i am. & my favorite sister keeps telling me it doesn't matter what other people say about us. ;-) if that's what God wants us to be, we just keep trying to find the balance between being "good"/set apart for God & loving the people around us.