Tuesday, November 13, 2007

fifty nifty

I am looking at different marathons in various states. I believe I am going to try to do Maryland and North Carolina back to back on March 1 & March 8 of next year. I am also looking at a marathon in Delaware the day after I graduate from Virginia State University. Since I don't care so much about time I am looking forward to this! I never thought I would feel this excited about racing and having terrible times to boot, but I am stoaked. I don't care how slow these races are run as long as I get all the states in.

I would like to be in better shape, at least running shape as opposed to Jill-super-out-of-shape-and-sick shape. So, my plan is to start running now so that I can just pick a marathon and run it whenever I feel like... I guess that's a weird plan, but whatever! I'm a weird person. If I get MD, NC, and DE out of the way, that will be 5 states before I'm 25 and then I still have the whole summer to traverse across the country and run in various states as I go to baseball parks and run marathons. I think that sounds like a fabulous idea. I need to figure out a better recovery plan though. I am so glad I found couch surfing and I have to drive home. I need to coordinate my schedule for baseball games with my marathon schedule and this will be the best trip home ever!

No comments: